Green Impact in Health
Find out more about how Green Impact can help your healthcare organisation become more sustainable, supporting Green Plans and NHS Net Zero targets. Engagement from all roles and areas of healthcare is crucial in delivering a sustainable Net Zero Healthcare System. Many are aware of the need for change, but without structure and support at work find trying to be part of the solution challenging and isolating. They need simple, effective,easily-accessible information that is relevant to their role, and they want to connect with others who are embarking on the same journey. Green Impact can support this.
We work with NHS Trusts across the UK to create bespoke Green Impact toolkits, and support their staff to form teams in taking tangible actions towards sustainability, aligned to their Green Plan. The programme engages people from all areas of your Trust – from clinical and research teams, to administrative departments and volunteers. Each programme works with local universities to train students as auditors, bringing the educational and health communities together in making change happen.
Use the contact form below to ask us any questions and view the brochure above for information on how the programme runs.
Through three primary care programmes, we work with hundreds of primary care providers to improve their sustainability. These are free to access so find the relevant programme below to get involved:
- If you work in a dental practice: Any dental practice (both private and NHS) in England, Scotland or Northern Ireland can now sign-up to Green Impact Dentistry to take part for free. Contact email@example.com for registration information.
- If you work in a General Practice (GP): Any general practice in England, Scotland or Northern Ireland can join over 1,200 other registered practices in Green Impact for Health, funded by the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.
- If you work in primary care in Wales: All independent primary care contractors in Wales (general practices, community pharmacies, community optometry practices and primary care dental practices) can get involved in the Greener Primary Care Wales Framework, co-ordinated and funded by Public Health Wales. All actions are specific to a Welsh context and aim to support Welsh sustainability goals. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- If you are a student, you can now register to become one of our volunteer auditors! Audits for all our primary care programmes will take place in Autumn/Winter 2023, and students will be trained and supported to conduct the audits. You can be from any subject area,although those studying health related subjects will be best suited. Find out more and apply here!
- If you lead on sustainability within an ICB, ICS or CCG, please get in touch with us using the contact form below to discuss how Green Impact could support your Green Plan action in primary care.
Consultancy and support
Over our 12 year history, Green Impact has enabled many one-off and ongoing consultancy, training and support programmes. Utilising our experience and knowledge of behaviour change across a variety of sectors we are able to tailor our approach to suit each organisation seeking our input. From creating module programmes for medical students to trialling new versions of Green Impact, the possibilities are huge.
Use the get in touch link below to ask us any questions and find out more.