Resource Bank - Students' Unions
General Support and Guidance for GISU
- FAQs (including scoring thresholds, key dates and info on scoring your criteria)
- Rolling criteria, from 2017-2021
- GISU Impact Report 2020-21
- Historical GISU toolkit for reference (pre 2017)
- Toolkit User Guide
- From Art to Zoo Management: embedding sustainability in UK higher and further education
- 2017-18 GISU Campaigns Map
- Responsible Futures lobbying guidance document
- Induction guidance document
- Sustainability best practice in unions 2018-19, simple list
- 2019/20 SU GHG emissions Calculator (EAUC Scotland)
- GISU Outcomes section template
- Lighting audit template
- Course reps induction guidelines
- Course reps training presentation
- SMART action plan template
- Biodiversity audit template
- Energy audit template
- NUS sustainable events checklist
- Sustainability Skills Survey – Email template
- Ravensbourne: Sustainability at home and self-care in lockdown, 2019-20.
- Bucks: ‘Bucks New Usage’ – Collection and reuse scheme, 2019-20.
- Decolonising the University, (SOS-UK, NUS and People & Planet), 2020.
- Hedgehog friendly campus, 2020.
- Course Reps, Sustainability, Decolonisation and Curriculum Change, 2020.
- Student-led growing projects, 2020
- Carbon Targets, March 2021.
- Student Switch Off advice for private renters, SOS-UK, 2019.
- Declaring a Climate Emergency (SOS-UK and NUS), 2020.
General Sustainability Support
- Student Leaders for Sustainability Guide (EAUCE Scotland)
- Getting started with the SDGs in Universities
- People & Planet Fossil Free Action Guide
- Online Climate ‘Skill-Ups’ (350.org)
- SOS-UK Sustainability and Intersectionality Resource Bank
- Podcast: Liberating Sustainability (commissioned by SOS-UK)
Webinars on GISU
Webinar 1 – GISU introduction and updates for 2017
Webinar 2 – Communications
Webinar 3 – Campaigns
Webinar 4 – Monitoring & Evaluation for your campaign work
Webinar 5 – Scoring and Audits
Example Resources from Students’ Unions