University of the West Of England Students' Union
“The toolkit gives us a structured framework for advancing sustainability and truly realising our strategic plan goal to ‘embed sustainability in all that we do’ – across the formal, informal and subliminal curriculum. In partnership with UWE Bristol, we continually strive to ensure we are sector leading on sustainability and matching our students’ passion for creating a positive future for us and for future generations to enjoy.
Green Impact highlights best practise, stretches Students’ Union’s to realise their potential and arms us with new ideas, ways of thinking and allies to progress this urgent and important agenda”
– Jade Marsella, Vice President Sport and Health and Rachel Colley, Community Manager.
- Achieved Excellent standard 2016-2017 and 2017-2018
- Overall Winner Commercial Students’ Union two years running
- The students’ union has switched to compostable coffee cups, passed a sector leading Palm Oil Policy, created a new student-led Sustainability Committee and worked authentically with their institution to embed and promote sustainability within the curriculum
- There is genuine dedication, passion, and enthusiasm demonstrated by students, union and university staff throughout the Green Impact programme as a whole, and more widely to truly embed sustainability into their culture.
Award winning students' union!
UWE students’ union won the Green Gown Award 2016 for student engagement, showing what could be achieved collaboratively across a city of students to make change happen